Well NUKEMAP is a cheery application from Alex Wellers which allows you to find out how effected you would be if a Nuke Bomb was dropped. It even breaks it down into the different ways to die from fireball to air blast (20 psi overpressure; heavily built concrete buildings are severely damaged or demolished; fatalities approach 100%).
Whilst this is not the first nuke map it does have lots of cool features:
- Easily draggable target marker (which has an adorable little atom on it)!
- Bright, stomach-churning colors indicating major negative effects of atomic detonations!
- Effects described include zones of 500 rem exposure, major overpressures, and fire! Plus, the legend breaks these down into easy-to-understand descriptions of what they mean for your average person caught inside of them.
- Lots of pre-sets for both places to drop them (I didn’t want to discriminate) and yields of historical weapons! It has never been easier to put a 50Mt H-bomb on the Eiffel Tower.
- Automatically tries to drop the bomb on wherever Google thinks you are accessing the Internet from (based on your IP address)!
- You can link to specific detonations and send them to your friends to enjoy forever!
Via @D_NS (worth following as also posts random things.